Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Practice Makes Perfect

Yesterday, Neil and I headed over to Bar Pico for their Open Mic Night (I occasionally fill in as a Bartender there on busy nights).  Neil is playing a show next week so he wanted to see the venue and check out the equipment.  He ended up playing a set at the request of the Promoter, and because the list was so short, ended up playing a second set.  After Neil's first song, he pointed to me, and said, With or Without You.  We hadn't sang or practiced the song in over 2 months, but for some reason as I got up there, I wasn't nervous at all, and we did an amazing job on the song!  I definitely look forward to working on more music together :)

On my flight to Wisconsin over Christmas, I actually wrote some lyrics, and want to continue doing that.  Definitely a good way to get out my emotions.
I've got an audition later this afternoon and I'm Hosting my first Karaoke Night of the New Year at Gabe's tonight.  Keep the creativity flowing...fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment