Monday, January 16, 2012

What's for Dinner?

I had another great Yoga Session today and since I dedicated my practice to Sucess after finding out I booked a job shooting next week, I figured I should make a nice meal and enjoy a celebratory glass of wine.  I experimented with a new recipe tonight and took pictures during the steps so you all could see what was happening along the way!

Here are the ingredients needed for tonight's 'What's for Dinner?'
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Garlic Cloves
Salt
Pepper
Balsamic Vinegar
1 Cup Tomatoes
1 Cup Mushrooms
1/3 Cup Onions
12 Shrimp
3/4 Cup Shell Pasta
6 Ravioli's
2 Tbsp Alfredo Sauce (Optional)
1 Cup Arugula (Or Spinach or Basil)
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
Start a pot of water and once it's boiling add in your pasta.  While you're boiling the water, heat the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic cloves.  When the aroma hits add in the onions and let that heat up for a couple minutes.  Add the shrimp and tomatoes to the pan and let the tomatoes start to make a paste.  Add salt and pepper (I use a grinder and do a couple turns of each.)  Then add in your mushrooms and 2 circles of Balsamic Vinegar.  Let that continue to cook and you'll notice it's starting to turn into a sauce.  You can add in a little Alfredo sauce to thicken it, and when I added that in, I did another circle of Balsamic Vinegar and an 1/8 cup of Parmesan Cheese.  You're going to want to chop the arugula because otherwise it will get stringy; I'd do the same thing when using spinach if the leaves are bigger.  Put into a serving dish and sprinkle the leftover Parmesan Cheese on top.  This could have served two people especially if you were having an appetizer or salad with it.  The end result was a very flavorful sauce and a meal that was still light and healthy!

Dinner & Wine

1 comment: