Thursday, January 5, 2012

A smile is worth a thousand words...

It's amazing what the power of a smile can do!  

While on my run today, I encountered a few people, and the warm fuzzy feeling I got in my tum tum, after waving and smiling, and seeing a person genuinely smile back at me, was priceless.  It definitely turned my day around and made that run so much more enjoyable.

My challenge to you...smile at someone you wouldn't normally take a second look at, and see how you feel after.  Pay it forward :)

2 comments:

  1. Things like that really do stick with you, for a few moments or a lifetime. I will always remember times while still in high school in Appleton (WI), noticing an older gentleman from the neighborhood would always shout 'Keep going, you're doing great!' at joggers passing by -- it always warmed my heart. I'm not sure that it would seem quite as charming coming from me, so I'll just have to look forward to being a sweet enthusiastic old lady some day instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a great idea! Sometimes, I'll actually sit outside a store and wave as the cars pass by through the parking lot.
    I think I'll do a little comparison to what happens in LA and what happens when I'm home in Wisconsin. The last time I did it in LA, I was outside for 10 minutes and not one person waved back or smiled.
    I bet in 10 minutes in Plymouth, I can't even keep up with the positive attitudes coming from the good Midwestern folks :)
    Hope everything is going great for you and your family, and the little one on the way!

    ReplyDelete