Monday, January 23, 2012

The Famous Viper Room

I've never been to The Viper Room; it's world famous, and in my opinion, is something every person in LA needs to experience at least once!  

Thi, Dale, and I at The Viper Room
Lucky for me, Neil was playing a show at The Viper Room Acoustic Lounge on Sunday Night.  I had a couple friends who were coming to the show, one of my best girl's, Thi, who has incredible style, so I knew this was an opportunity to get all gussied up, and play up my rocker chic vibe since we were going out in Hollywood to a fabulous venue!  Even better, we had access to the whole club, so while the Acoustic Lounge was downstairs with it's own bar and drink specials, the upstairs had the famous stage and big open dance floor.  Most people who have been to the Viper Room have a really good story to tell, but I'll leave that up to you to find out on your own!  The band playing upstairs was pretty good but my friends and I wanted to be sure to have a place to sit for Neil's show so we enjoyed the other artist before Neil in the Lounge.

Neil went on at 10 pm and got to play for almost an hour.  Always playing his own amazingly written songs, and adding a couple new covers to his play list for the evening, there was something for everyone.  Much to my surprise, a short intro and then a few familiar chords, and I got my 'Everlong!'  Absolutely amazing!  After that, it became effortless for Neil, and waiting for an encore, the audience got quite a treat.  He started playing Poison's 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn!'  And by the time he got to the chorus, the entire room was singing...you can see for yourself here :)

All in all, we had a blast at the show, and it's going to take a lot to top this Viper Room visit!  Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment