Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Were...Fish?

A were...what?
A werefish.
Yes, that's what my scene partner turned into at my audition yesterday.  I rehearsed 3 different scenes for the series yesterday, and fortunately, was able to do all three at my audition.  We did a little interview session beforehand and I got along great with everyone in the audition, and I believe I impressed them with my amazing fire-breathing skill on my resume.  Heck yes that's on my resume!  It's a conversation starter!
Three different scenes that dealt with the trials of dating, both good and bad, and included some vampires.  I knew this was a horror series, and they have some good stories up their sleeves.  I got some great feedback from the director, who said I brought something different to each scene that he hadn't seen yet that day, which is always exciting, and mentioned they were shooting all sorts of videos in the next 6 months, keeping very busy, so I'm hoping I'll get cast in something they've got coming up :)

Last night, I also went to Neil's Acoustic Show in North Hollywood, where he played an intimate set complete with rock songs, and even a cover of 'Purple Rain,' which had the crowd singing along and waving their hands in the air.  It was a story-telling series of songs performed really well!  I've definitely gotten more into live music in the past couple years and I really enjoy checking out new venues, bands, and musicians!
Today I had to send in a video audition for a company based out of Washington.  I've sent them multiple auditions over the past year, and hopefully, one of these days, I'll be perfect for one.  I keep trying to wear them down ;)  It's hard to stay patient, but they continue to have me audition, so I know it's just a matter of time and effort!

It's been about a week since I started my blog and it keeps getting easier each day to write and share!  So feel free to share your thoughts, ideas, or anything that makes your day.  Thanks for taking an interest in a Midwestern girl with big dreams and aspirations <3

Updated Post!
I forgot to mention how thankful I am for my wonderful rehearsal partner, Neil!  I couldn't have done as well as I did, or been more prepared if I hadn't practiced with him, and got his perspective and ideas to take into my audition!  It's always so beneficial to get to rehearse with someone, so thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment