Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sweet Caroline

Last night was Karaoke at Gabe's and I'm continuing my resolution by trying new things and being more creative by trying out new Karaoke songs at work.  Yesterday, I helped out a guest with 'Sweet Caroline.'  It's always a crowd favorite, everyone can sing along, but unfortunately, for JJ*, those cocktails had caught up to him, and I was stuck singing the whole song.  A nice surprise was the fact that the song is actually fun to lead the crowd with as well.  I also tried a Leona Lewis song out at the end of the night.  
Later on a bunch of my old S&S crew showed up and sang a few songs.  We took lots of pictures and it's always great catching up with everyone.  I know everything happens for a reason, but Saint's & Sinner's was a home to a lot of us, and I'm still sad to not have my 'home' here in LA anymore.

Today I went to Santa Monica to check out some frames at Michael's.  I have three Floral Prints that are black and white, and for the past few years, I've been displaying them 'college' style on my walls.  I decided with part of my Grandparent's Christmas Gift that it was time to frame them.  The style of my bedroom is simple, modern, and classic with pops of color.  So the black and white photo theme fits perfectly with my black bookcase, silver TV stand, black sconces, and brown bedroom furniture.  The Floral Prints face opposite an amazing painting my brother did, Kandinsky style, with purple, white and fuchsia bubbles on a purple background.  That matched my dark purple comforter set and purple draped curtain.  I recently added a beautiful silver drape over my window as well.  I always feel like when you finally get settled in and have everything decorated, it's time to move out.  I'm hoping that's not the case...especially considering I have so much organizing of my closet to do ;)

Now comes the hard part...I have to mount these huge framed prints on my wall, and that there is my challenge!

1 comment:

  1. I miss Saints and Sinners.... It was a part of my life in a positive way but I am glad to still be able to call the S&S crew friends!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete