Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014 Resolutions and Goals!

We are all eight days into January and most of us have thought about our resolutions or even started working on them.  I wanted to take a few days to think about my 2013 resolutions and achievements, build on that and think about what I wanted for this year ahead.
 
Already an incredible New Year so far, here is my toast to 2014: To new beginnings and fresh starts.  To a positive outlook fillled with laughter and exciting adventures.  To friends old and new who support and love selflessly with compassion and honesty.  To a loving family who stands by me believing that anything is possible.  To picking up the pieces and trusting that someone who deserves it is holding that missing piece.  To faith, hope and the greatest of these, love.  This is 2014...go out and get it!
 
Goodbye 2013...Hello 2014!
1. Try new Dinner or Happy Hour spots once a month.
There is so much diversity here in Los Angeles, and before I had moved here I had never tried sushi, Indian food, oysters, craft cocktails and beers, various wines (aside from Boone's Farm), and different cheeses from all over the world to name a few.  Since there are so many places I haven't been but talk about wanting to go to, I have made it my goal to try something new at least once a month.
 
2. Continue to do new things and go out of town more often.
Last year was filled with so much excitement due to new career moves and opportunities, a plethora of concerts at venues throughout Los Angeles, and trips to Carmel, Vegas, Punta Cana, and Santa Barbara.  I want to continue to get out of LA, see and do new things, and continue to take chances on ideas and things that are out of my comfort zone.
 
3. Advance my career in new ways.
This past year I started taking some Casting Director workshops so I could network and hone my skills and get to learn more about the casting process.  This year I want to take some more workshops and classes with teachers and coaches to build my resume.  I also want to book a substantial role that will help me grow, whether it be in a theater production, commercial, TV show, or movie.  This is my dream and I'm working for it!
 
4. Get my ideas up and running!
I've had this idea for a show for a couple years now and I need to get it going.  This would also help to advance my career and creating something on my own is an achievement in itself.  I need to film my ideas and get them posted so my work is out there for Agents and Directors to see.  I've also gotten some more footage over the years so getting my updated Acting Reel posted will also be beneficial to my career.
 
I'm really happy with my resolutions and goals last year and the positive changes I have been making in my life.  This business is a difficult one but I am up for the challenge and I'm ready for what 2014 is going to hand me.  I'm going out and getting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment