Monday, January 20, 2014

3 Doors Down Acoustic Show!

Since starting my concert list a few years ago I finally found a band that I've been listening to for years that came to LA and had affordable tickets to their show that I was excited to buy!
 
On Tuesday night I had tickets to see the 3 Doors Down Songs from the Basement Tour at the House of Blues on Sunset.  I've always liked their music and 'Here Without You' is still one of my favorite songs and can always bring tears to my eyes.  The lead singer, Brad, sounded absolutely fantastic live; there was literally no difference between the album and his live voice which is always great to hear.  He played all his hits along with some songs that were a little obscure but that I really enjoyed enough to find his older albums and hear some of his first songs.  This was a Christmas present for Neil, and we were just three rows of people from the stage and had a great view of the whole band.  New songs to me that I liked were 'Let Me Be Myself,' 'When You're Young,' and 'Duck and Run.'  They played hits like 'Away From the Sun,' 'Be Like That,' 'Kryptonite,' and 'It's Not My Time.'  There was a short encore where they played my favorite, 'Here Without You' which was just beautiful and then another one of my favs 'When I'm Gone,' to close out the night.
Clearly very happy to be touring again!
Overall, the show was awesome and a great way to start my 2014 concert experience!  They played for over an hour and a half with plenty of music.  Plus, since we were right down the street from Pearl's we stopped by for a cocktail.  I had an awesome tequila drink called the Mickey Cohen, that had a strawberry-jalapeno-lime infused ice sphere, tequila, and passion fruit that was delicious.
Pearl's Cocktail, Winter Concert Wear, and 'Here Without You'
It's already an entertaining start to 2014 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment