Saturday, January 11, 2014

One week into 2014...

Already a week into 2014 and so much has happened.  I've been sick with a cold/sore throat for most of it but stayed true to my new song at Karaoke and finished out a great run of Babes In Toyland with an awesome cast and crew!

Last Saturday was my last week playing Mary Contrary in Babes In Toyland.  It ran for six weeks at The Miles Playhouse and we had our original cast together for the final performance.  I felt it was my strongest week singing (even with the laryngitis I had earlier in the week) and we all had so much fun in our roles and bringing magic to the room!  At the end of the show we take photos and talk to the kids and their parents.  One girl came up to me, and after we took pictures together she said that I was her favorite actress and she wanted to go grow up and be just like me.  Those are the moments I live for and the reason I do what I do.  I want to inspire people and here I was 25 years later, performing in Children's Theater, doing exactly what I watched other actors do, and knowing at that time I wanted to do the same thing.  It's one of my favorite acting moments to date!
Meeting my favorite fan ;)
I'm also so glad I got to see a bunch of my cast mates in Rapunzel which was playing at 1 pm on Saturday as well.  I felt like a little kid watching and booing for the villains and cheering for the prince and princess.  It was so neat to watch the children's faces throughout the room taking the show in.  When we were performing for Babes In Toyland I wasn't able to see how much the kids really enjoyed us as I did watching this other show.  It's literally magic :)
The Babes In Toyland cast after a performance in December!
By Wednesday I had a full-on sore throat so I'm surprised I was even able to sing for my first night back hosting Karaoke in 2014.  I opened the night with 'Here Without You' by Three Doors Down and joined Marty on a couple songs throughout the night including 'Careless Whisper' and 'Lucky' by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait.  My new song of the night was 'Bathwater' by No Doubt and since I had some friends visiting I also sang Tracy Chapman's 'Give Me One Reason To Stay Here' which was great for my low turtle voice.  It's all about song choice and I think I chose right considering I was under the weather.

 Creating Arts is gearing up for another great season and they're casting a bunch of their upcoming shows in the next week or two and I can't wait to get involved with another show.  This cold better scram pretty soon so I can be all prepped and ready for Princess Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment