Sunday, January 26, 2014

Il Cielo in Beverly Hills for Dine LA

Thursday night was a special treat, and on top of Aimee and I's first Girl's Night out for Dinner, we had a great meal at another new restaurant and I am keeping true to my New Year's resolutions!

Il Cielo was just as beautiful as I imagined it would be.  The ambiance in the restaurant was just incredible!  We got seated and were greeted by two different people welcoming us to the restaurant, taking my coat for me, and then bringing us water.  We brought a bottle of wine in and they had a $25 corkage fee which was fine considering the price per bottle at minimum was almost double that.  They brought bruschetta while we looked over the menu and I went with the Insalta Toscana, Costolette di Manzo, and Chocolate Souffle.

The salad was butter lettuce with shaved apple, roasted almonds and pecorino cheese in a honey mustard dressing.  Aimee got the Beef Carpacchio which was served with arugula, fresh squeezed lemon, and parmesan.  I'm not a huge honey mustard fan but the dressing was the perfect accompaniment to the salad and I wouldn't have changed a thing.  Il Cielo made me a believer!  The appetizers were probably my favorite part of the meal and it was my first time having Beef Carpacchio and everything worked so well together and was just stupendous.
Our delicious appetizers!
My entree was braised short ribs with a horseradish sweet potato and baby vegetables.  Aimee got the grilled Norwegian Salmon with broccolini and cherry tomatoes in balsamic.  The short ribs were tender and I loved the horseradish potato but the short ribs at The Garage are so great, it was hard to live up to.  Aimee's veggies were very flavorful and she loved her salmon but I'm definitely more of a meat-eater.  The portions were nice and big so that was great but not over-whelming which left plenty of room for dessert.
Dinner is served...
We both ordered the Chocolate Souffle which was more of a bittersweet chocolate but the chocolate center perfectly flowed out nice and hot.  It's so easy to over-cook a souffle and this was timed to perfection and it showed.  It was served with vanilla gelato and I ordered an espresso to cap off the meal and wonderful dining experience.
Yup.
There were other entrees I was also looking at, like the Fettuccine with Sea Scallops and Cherry Tomatoes and that was on the Dine LA menu. They had a few different Risotto's and Lamb (that sounded really good) on their regular menu.  I will most certainly be back because of the impeccable service and beautiful atmosphere.  Plus, they have Happy Hour Monday through Friday which is great and totally unexpected from such an up-scale venue.
 
I will definitely be back to Il Cielo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment